Friday, June 10, 2011

Customer Letter

Greetings you lucky mountain folks,
Randy,


        The UPS guy just dropped it off minutes before I left for lunch.  WOW.....What a hat.  Ya' done good pod'na.  It's a beauty, snake bonz n' all.  Wore her to town for lunch and everybody noticed I had a new hat.  Since I'm only one of two guys around town that wear western hats, I guess I stick out in the crowd.


She fits like a million bucks too.  Don't throw that gizmo fitting machine away, that things priceless. When you stuck that old thing on my head I wasn't sure, but I can tell you right now, this baby fits so perfect it's a fifty-mile an hour hat. No need for a stampede string on this rascal.

When I mount up on my 17h Percheron Draft Mule (black w/ nice points) in this hat at the Memorial Day Parade....No plain old quarter horse outfit will beat us.  Hee-hee   Awe...ya' know us broom-tail guys....always brag'n.
Randy....I can't thank you enough.  You made it just as you told me, and as I pictured it.  This has moved into first place as my favorite of some twenty some hats I own. Although I must tell you.  The old hat you restored for me and made into a "Festus Hagen" hat has brought me the most complements of all my hats.  Everywhere I go they ask where I got the good look'n hat.  I purchased that old hat from Rod's Western Wear in ColumbusOhio during the Quarter Horse Congress some twelve years ago.  My wife's been wanting to throw it away for years, but you gave it a second life and as I said, I've gotten more complements on that old hat since you "restyled her."  Just perfect for an old wanna-be Festus muleskinner like me.
I'm telling you.  You should think about adding a "Festus" to your Gus, Tom Mix, and Tom Horn hat line.  Just try a couple and see.  I was in Columbus right after you sent it back to me buying cars at the auction and stopped by Rod's on the way home.  As I walked by the hat department the manager said, "Nice hat, where'd ya' get it."  I laughed and said, "Right here."  He said, "No way."  Then I told him how you had restored my old hat.  Even he liked the style, so you guys might want to think about hang'n one on the wall there just to see if it draws flies or a customer.
Speaking of Rod's.  You should contact them to be a dealer, for he's the largest vender at the Quarter Horse Congress.  It's one heck of a horse show, the largest in the world and lasts 28 days.  Shorty has a booth there every year so she must sell a few hats there.  Rod stocks a lot of hats but only a few high end hats, and nothing like yours.  I'll be more than happy to demo (show-off) my new hat to them if you think you'd want to make him a dealer.  You need somebody in Ohio, and Columbuswould be perfect.
Well it's snowing like crazy, got over 13" last night, (lake effect snow from Lake Erie) so I'm heading down to the barn to hitch up my mule girls to the sleigh.  I'll be able to give this hat a forty mile an hour test by sunset.
Randy....Thanks so much from "Rooster" the one-eyed fat man of MedinaOhio
Tim Godard

No comments:

Post a Comment